The PACCAR Foundation is a private foundation formed in 1951. The Foundation usually directs its grants to organizations in those communities within the service area of a significant PACCAR presence, such as a factory or a major office.
Grant recipients in locations where there is a significant PACCAR Inc presence usually include United Way, universities, hospitals and programs for the arts and economic education. The balance of the Foundation’s grants is normally reserved for capital campaigns involving acquisition or improvement of facilities used for social and health services, education and cultural affairs. Proposals for program funds, support of operation budgets and fund-raising events are seldom funded.
Please submit your request online. To create a new account or login to an existing account, please go to Online Grant Application.
Include the following information:
- Complete name, mailing address and website of the organization.
- Contact name, title, phone number and e-mail address.
- Information on the organization's history and goals.
- Background data on the organization, personnel and Board of Directors or Board of Trustees.
- Most recent annual report and audited financial statements.
- A list of sources for ongoing operational support.
- Evidence of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- A completed and signed IRS Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
- Specific amount requested.
- Description of the specific project.
- An overall budget for the project to be funded and a total annual budget.
- A time schedule for project commencement and completion.
- Other project funding sources.
The Foundation Does Not
- Accept more than one request per organization each year.
- Provide financial support by purchasing sponsorships, dinner or event tickets.
- Purchase advertising space for charitable causes in yearbooks, programs or other publications.
- Accept telephone solicitations.
- Support specific churches for the purpose of religious advocacy.
- Automatically renew a contribution from year to year.
- Award scholarships or other grants for individuals.
- Grant personal interviews with trustees.
- Funding decision notification is made within six months.
- Funding of capital projects can be contingent on permits and start of construction.